LIFE RIGHT: GETTING RETIREMENT RIGHT AT THE VILLAGE
Life Right Financial Advantages
There are many financial benefits of this model, most notably:
- It is the only way that most people could afford a privileged, fully supported lifestyle with everything that a luxury security estate and a retirement village can offer.
- It secures you a home for life, protected by the Retired Persons Act of 1968.
- Because it is not a property transfer, you save on up-front costs: no VAT, transfer duty or registration costs.
- All management, maintenance and resales are the developer’s responsibility.
- Levies are calculated and published a year in advance.
- Levy increases will always be in line with Western Cape CPI, so you can relax, knowing that the future is budgeted for.
- No special levies will ever be raised for refurbishment or maintenance projects.
The ability to sell this Life Right will depend upon the value and reputation of The Village. This value in turn, will depend upon on the levels of resident satisfaction. Your satisfaction will hinge principally upon the environment, healthcare, security, hospitality, community and maintenance.
Costs and Levies Advantages
The Estate and The Village are designed, built and managed with long-term sustainability in mind. And since a large part of the infrastructure is both established and operating smoothly, The Village will enjoy a significant advantage where cost-efficiencies and levy affordability are concerned. The Village levies cover all the essential aspects like maintenance and services such as healthcare, security, staff, hospitality and management. With 323 homes, we are able to achieve sustainably affordable levies. Just compare our levies (The Village and the Estate) to others!
No Shocks or Surprises
Unlike a sectional title or freehold scheme, where special levies must be paid in order to fund major maintenance or refurbishment, all future costs are predicted and incorporated in the levies. We have no special levies and you’ll have no future shocks or surprises.
Life Right means Independence and Autonomy
No one in retirement wants the hassles they will experience in a sectional title or freehold village, where residents are responsible for managing and maintaining the quality of their environments. Group decision making via a Body Corporate is both time-consuming and messy for residents.
In a well-run Life Right scheme, your interests or concerns are met through a resident’s committee and at the Langebaan Country Estate we have found that the process works as well as it is smooth and easy.
Life Right means Freedom from Stress and Worry.
- ProfessionalManagement – The Village management team will take care of all aspects, such as The Village finances, hospitality, catering, administration, maintenance and communal gardens so that you can relax and enjoy the facilities and amenities on offer.
- Maintenance – All the Estate and The Village’s repairs, plumbing, painting and cleaning are carried out behind the scenes by our well trained and highly experienced teams. Our beautiful landscaped environment is tended to by green-fingered gardening teams who take great pride in what they have created and in what’s to come as a creative, awe-inspiring setting for village life.
- Comprehensive Services – Services to residents are flexible and always tailored to suit their individual requirements, whether these be ‘hotel type’ services such as laundry, housekeeping and meals, or more comprehensive services as required.
- West Coast Hospitality – You can expect that where hospitality in concerned, that like the Estate, The Village will be staffed by friendly, efficient, service-minded people.
- Luxury Lifestyle Facilities – Community living is essential to an engaged and fulfilling life, and hence, the design and quality of our spacious clubhouse, with its luxurious game lodge feel, luxury furnishings and comprehensive range of health and leisure amenities.
- Active Aging and Proactive Healthcare – Our focus at The Village is upon active and enjoyable lifestyles, with the outdoor environments, the gym, classes, exercise programmes and healthy meals all designed to keep you feeling young and energetic.
- Care Centre – While we make ‘living active’ easy, aging can bring the possible onset of frailty. At The Village we offer a range of healthcare solutions designed for the challenges many of us will face: and with it, peace of mind for everyone and their loved ones.
- Healthy Living – Ours is an environment that puts active into aging, and when it comes to food, we pack healthy goodness and pure indulgence into every meal. Whether you’re enjoying a meal with friends in the restaurant, or wanting our delivery service, you’ll enjoy a 5-star experience and a fresh, seasonal, home-style menu, as varied as it is delicious. Meals, drinks, treats or snacks give everyone regular opportunities for meeting friends in a friendly, indulgent and inspiring atmosphere.
- Homes Worth Owning – Most people think that retirement means scaling down. We know that a move to a modern, practical and more manageable space is a very smart move – particularly if you’re moving to a contemporary home that has been designed for comfort and easy living, and positioned to make the most of views and gardens!
- Safe & Sound – Our village is safeguarded with the latest security measures. Entrances are through controlled access booms, with state-of-the-art security control rooms manned and monitored 24/7. Electric perimeter fencing, perimeter ground radar detection, CCTV camera monitoring and rapid response vehicle patrols. You’ll live a life without worry and gain the freedom to walk, run or cycle the paths between the Estate’s brilliantly landscaped gardens and grounds.
- Full state of the art security
- Full Village and Estate management
- Maintenance of common gardens and all communal facilities
- Maintenance of exterior of all units
- General health assessment
- Access to Care centre
- Access to clinic services
- Administering procedures prescribed by medical practitioners within the scope of a registered nurse
- Access to 24-hour emergency call system in association with Call4Care
- Assistance from Healthcare Manager to obtain/request benefits from the residents’ medical aid
- 5 day respite care per annum per unit
- Availability of additional home-based care
- Phone with intercom facilities
- 16 meals per month
- Fibre connectivity
- Intercom & handset (in kitchen & bedroom) allowing communication between resident and access gates, security and Care Centre
- Emergency nurse call buttons in each bathroom
- Home-based care packages
- Respite care
- Step down
- Additional meals
- Domestic cleaning
- Garden services for exclusive use gardens
- Maintenance services
- Shuttle services
- Planned social outings
Photographs shot in and around Langebaan Country Estate and the West Coast region. The Village © 2018. All Rights Reserved.
Availability of units are subject to change without prior notification.
Prices of units may change without prior notification.